ISWP Training Working Group and Competency Subcommittee is currently inactive. However, Integration Subcommittee will continue. Groups are formed based on the needs of the sector and may continue or become inactive when the initiatives are completed.
After five years of impressive accomplishments, the ISWP Training Working Group is disbanding in August 2020 and the Competency Subcommittee in February 2021 . Integration Subcommittee will continue. The Training Working Group made significant contributions to training initiatives for the wheelchair sector, including:
- ISWP Wheelchair Service Hybrid Training
- ISWP Wheelchair Service Provision Tests (Basic and Intermediate)
- ISWP Trainer Recognition Process
- Mentoring program
- Academic Training Partners
- Seating and Mobility Academic Resource Toolkit (SMART)
- Several training related publications
The two subcommittees are:
- Competency: Supports development of the ISWP Wheelchair Service Provision Basic and Intermediate tests, as well as the Trainee Competency Assessment (TCA) for the Training of Trainers course. Promotes mentoring for wheelchair service providers to improve skills to better assess, prescribe and fit wheelchairs and postural support devices. This Subcommittee was disbanded in February 2021.
- Integration: Integrates wheelchair provisioning into pre-professional training curricula via evidence-based training materials and methodologies.
If you want to learn more or interested to participate in Competency or Integration Subcommittees, please contact Krithika Kandavel at [email protected]
Member List – Integration Subcommittee
|Amira Tawashy –Chair||Dalhousie University|
|R. Lee Kirby||Dallhousie University|
|Paula Rushton||University of Montreal|
|Sudhakar Govindasamy||Motivation India|
|Teresa Plummer||Belmont University|
|Samantha Shann||Northumbria University and WFOT|
|Mary Goldberg||University of Pittsburgh|
|Krithika Kandavel||University of Pittsburgh|
|Nancy Augustine||University of Pittsburgh|