All the publications listed in this page are from ISWP.
ISWP Wheelchair Educators’ Package
- Kamalkannan et al, “Wheelchair service provision education for healthcare professional students, healthcare personnel and educators across low- to high-resourced settings: a scoping review protocol“. (Published December 2020).
ISWP Special Issue, African Journal of Disability
- Fung et al, “Wheelchair service provision education in academia”
- Kamaraj et al, “A conceptual framework to assess effectiveness in wheelchair provision”
- Mhatre et al, “Developing product quality standards for wheelchairs used in less-resourced environments”
- Mhatre et al, “Development of wheelchair caster testing equipment and preliminary testing of caster models”
- Munera et al, “Development and evaluation of a wheelchair service provision training of trainers programme”
- Pearlman, J. & Cooper, R., Editorial
- Gartz et al,”Development of a contextually appropriate, reliable and valid basic Wheelchair Service Provision Test”
- Miles et al, “Mentoring for Competency and Skills Development in Wheelchair Services”.
- Burrola-Méndez et al,”Development and Implementation of a Hybrid Wheelchair Workshop for Clinicians in International Settings”.
- Mary Goldberg et al,”The International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP): A resource aiming to improve wheelchair service worldwide”.
- Burrola-Méndez et al,”Implementation of the hybrid course on basic wheelchair service provision for Colombian wheelchair service providers”.
- Mhatre et al,”Development, reliability and piloting of a wheelchair caster failure inspection tool (C-FIT)”. (Published: February 2019)
- Gowran et al,” Developing country-specific wheelchair service provision strategic plans for Romania and the Philippines” .(Published March 2019)
- Fung et al, “Integration of wheelchair service provision education: current situation, facilitators and barriers for academic rehabilitation programs worldwide”. (Published April 2019)
- Burrola-Méndez et al,”Comparing the effectiveness of a hybrid and in-person courses of wheelchair service provision knowledge: A controlled quasi-experimental study in India and Mexico”. (Published May 2019)
- Toro-Hernandez et al, “Undergraduate physiotherapy students’ basic wheelchair provision knowledge: a pilot study in two universities in Colombia”. (Published May 2019)
- Rushton et al, “Development of a toolkit for educators of the wheelchair service provision process: the Seating and Mobility Academic Resource Toolkit (SMART)”. (Published February 2020)
- Toro-Hernández et al, “Final Year Students’ Knowledge on Basic Manual Wheelchair Provision: The State of Occupational Therapy Programs in Colombia”. (Published April 2020)
- Ardianuari et al, “Development, validation and feasibility study of a remote basic skills assessment for wheelchair service providers“. (Published July 2020)
- Toro-Hernández et al, “Preliminary steps of the development of a Minimum Uniform Dataset applicable to the international wheelchair sector”. (Published September 2020)
- Ott et al, “Evaluation of rolling resistance in manual wheelchair wheels and casters using drum-based testing”. (Published September 2020)
- Simpson et al, “Semi-structured interviews on disability and emergency preparedness for people with disabilities in two states in Mexico”. (Published January 2021)
- Ott et al, “A high prevalence of manual wheelchair rear-wheel misalignment could be leading to increased risk of repetitive strain injuries”. (Published March 2021)
- Ott et al, “Development and calibration of drum-based rolling resistance testing machine for manual wheelchair components”. (Published April 2021)
- Wilson-Jane et al, “Rolling resistance of casters increases significantly after two years of simulated use”. (Published August 2021)
- Mhatre et al, “Community-based wheelchair caster failures call for improvements in quality and increased frequency of preventative maintenance”. (Published August 2021)