Find the recordings from our previous meetings here:
Our next meeting will be on December 13th, 2023. If you want to join us, please email Stephanie Vasquez at [email protected].
Meeting on September 13th, 2023
- Alex Kamadu, ISWP Executive Director, provided updates on ISWP.
- Dr. Sadhana Lal, from Tactile Robotics (Canada), introduced iMotus.
- Peter Axelson, from Beneficial Designs (USA), talked about Air Travel. A Part 2 of this topic will continue on our next meeting. You can check the PDF slides for this presentation here.
- We lacked time to discuss ISO updates, but we will do so in our next meeting in December.
Meeting on June 14th, 2023
- Alex Kamadu, ISWP Executive Director, and Jon Pearlman, ISWP’s co-founder and Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Rehabilitation Science and Technology at the University of Pittsburgh, provided updates on ISWP.
- Tom Doyon, from DEKA (USA), introduced iBot.
- Keoke King, from Participant Assistive Products (USA) described the process to have Cub on the market, including testing and experiences.
Meeting on March 8th, 2023
- Daniel Umaña, from CIREC (Colombia), presented designs and the development of locally manufactured wheelchairs.
- Nargess Matinazad and Amir Ghofli from PAConsult (Germany) introduced the testing methods and processes at their testing facility.
Meeting on December 14th, 2022
- Flammability Standard (ISO 16840 and ISO TC 173 Lab certification perspective by Kara Kopplin, Permobil, ISO and RESNA (USA)
- ISO Meeting by Bill Ammer, Ammer Consulting, Convenor of ISO TC 173/SC1/WG1 (USA)
Meeting on September 14th, 2022
- Bamboo wheelchairs and testing by Steve Williams, Kyaninga Child Development Centre (Uganda)
- Virtual methods for wheelchair testing by Carlos Costa, Universidade de Caixas do Sul (Brazil)
- Transportation Testing and procedures by Nichole Orton, UMTRI (USA)
Meeting on May 11th, 2022
- Curb Drop (Fatigue Test) by Dean Mubaiwa, ShonaquipSE (South Africa)
- Crash Test by James Watson and Bob Appleyard, Cranfield Impact Centre (UK)
Meeting on February 9th, 2022
- French wheelchair tests by Elora Flinois, CERAH (France)
- Test Lab Certification (ISO 17025) by Kara Kopplin, Permobil, ISO and RESNA (USA)
- Wheelchair and Cushion Standards website by Alex Delazio, University of Pittsburgh (USA)
Meeting on November 10th, 2021
- Static and Impact Test by Bill Ammer, Ammer Consulting (USA)
- Double drum by Dean Mubaiwa, ShonaquipSE (South Africa)
Note: During the beginning of the presentation, there was a typo on the date. Please note this meeting took place on November 10th, 2021.
We would like to acknowledge our presenters: Bill Ammer from Ammer Consulting ([email protected]) – USA, Dean Mubaiwa ([email protected]), Shona McDonald ([email protected]) from ShonaquipSE – South Africa.
Meeting on August 25th, 2021
- Wiki updates on Wheelchair Testing Centers
- Mannequin (Test Dummy) set up by Bill Ammer, Ammer Consulting (USA)
- Questions from New Testing Centers
We would like to acknowledge our presenter: Bill Ammer from Ammer Consulting ([email protected])
Kick-off Meeting on April 6th, 2021
This was our very first meeting with Wheelchair Testing Centers. We got to know each other, and learn about different labs. The Testing Centers shared information about their facilities, photos and the testing available.
The Testing Centers today include:
- Ammer Consulting – USA
- Cranfied Impact Centre (CIC) – UK
- Centre d’Essais Dynamiques (CED) – France
- No Risk STE – Brasil
- CERAH – France
- Beneficial Designs – USA