Become an ISWP certified Wheelchair Service Provider at the Basic Level, start your application process today!
ISWP Wheelchair Service Provider (WSP) Certification – Basic Level
Background: ISWP’s Wheelchair Service Provider (WSP) certification acknowledges that providers have appropriate wheelchair service provision knowledge at the basic level and have received appropriate training, both which are valuable to employers and wheelchair users. Certified providers are acknowledged as a Certified Wheelchair Service Providers for 2 years on ISWP’s Wheelchair International Network (WIN).
Intended Users: This certification is intended for all clinicians, technicians, students and community workers who are partly or fully involved in the wheelchair service provision.
- Please refer to this document for more details: https://wheelchairnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/WSP_More-Information_8Feb2019.pdf
- Need Help? Click here for instructional video in English and Spanish.
- STEP 1: Pass the ISWP Wheelchair Service Provision Basic Knowledge Test
You need to score 70% and above to be eligible to proceed with the next steps. If you have already passed this step then please proceed to step 2.
- STEP 2: Complete an online training module in Ethics and Professionalism course
- STEP 3: Pass the Ethics and Professionalism Test
Please read and consent to the ISWP Wheelchair Service Provider (WSP) Certification Ethical Standards of Practice.
- STEP 4: Upload supporting documents
Please review the list of submitting supporting documents including letter from the supervisor. If you have any questions, please email Krithika Kandavel at [email protected]
- STEP 5: Pay the required fees
Once you complete steps 1 to 4, you will receive an email from ISWP confirming that you completed the process and including instructions on how to pay the required fees. If you haven’t heard in 2-3 business days then please email Krithika Kandavel at [email protected]
Completion of a recertification application
Eligible to submit application for re-certfication every 2 years. More information will be available soon.
Submit appeal application
Appeal must be submitted to ISWP in writing within 14 days after the result confirmation date. More information will be available soon.